Trainees and instructors departed-17 July
The training Group -B of 36th Basic Mountaineering Course departed on 28 June morning for the remaining parts of training to be conducted at Manang. Thirty-one trainees are participating in group A training and they will return from Manang on 13 August 2014. Prem Gurung and Padam Ghale are Chief Instructor and Coordinator for the training respectively. NMA President Ang Tshering Sherpa, General Secretary Thakur Raj Pandey and CEO Jinesh Sindurakarsaw them off at NMA secretariat.
Half-day seminar on preparation of peak profile format- 25 July
The half-day seminar on presentation of peak profile format was held in Kathmandu, Naxal Banquet on 25th July 2014 with the objective to gather suggestions, comments and feedbacks to make a peak profile with details of 492 mountain of Nepal. The program was conducted in presence of Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation Mr. Bhim Acharya as the Chief Guest.
After the welcome speech delivered by IInd Vice President Deebas Bkram Shah, Chief Guest for the program inaugurated the program by watering on the plants. The President of NMA, Mr. Ang Tshering Sherpa briefed the objectives of this program and introduced the sub-committee members of peak profile. He said that it is a very remarkable decision of Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation to prepare peak profile of 492 mountains of Nepal and it will have all the detail information of peaks in digital format as well as in booklets, which will make it easier for teams to plan their expedition. He felt very glad to lead Peak Profile Preparation Sub-Committee and introduced its members to the program.
• Convener: Mr. Ang Tshering Sherpa, Tourism Expert and President of NMA
• Member - Mr. Bhuddi Narayan Shrestha, Former Director General of Survey & Topography Department, Government of Nepal
• Member – Dr. Hari Prasad Shrestha – Tourism Expert
• Member – Dr. Lhakpa Norbu Sherpa – Environment Expert
• Member – Mr. Deepak Sharma Dahal – Mapping Expert
• Member – Mr. Ang Norbu Sherpa- Mountain Guide
• Member – Mr. Ang Phurba Sherpa- Mountaineer
• Member – Mr. Man Bahadur Khatri- Mountaineer
• Representative – Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation
• Representative – Survey and Topography Department, Gov. Of Nepal
• Representative – Nepal Mountaineering Association
• President – Trekking Agents Association of Nepal
• President – Expedition Operators Association of Nepal
• President – Nepal National Mountain Guide Association
• President – Nepal Mountaineering Instructor Association
• Representative – Nepal Army : Col. Sunil Rathor
• Representative – Nepal Police : SSP. Pankash Shrestha
• Representative – Nepal Arm Police
• Member Secretary – Mr. Jinesh Sindurakar – CEO, Nepal Mountaineering Association
He also explained that the main purpose of preparing detailed peak profile aims to creating employment opportunities, increasing national productivity and income, increasing foreign currency earning, improving regional imbalance and projecting the image of Nepal more assertively in the international arena through development and diversification of mountain tourism industries. He requested to all the guests for the valuable suggestions, comments and feedbacks will provide guidelines to prepare peak profiles more compatible and acceptable for the development and promotion of mountain tourism in Nepal.
Constituent members representing from Himalayan regions, NMA Advisors, experts of mountaineering and mountain tourism, government officials, heads of different organizations and journalists participated in the interaction program.
Mr. Buddhi Narayan Shrestha, NMA Advisor and Former Director General of Topographic Department submitted an informative presentation on the contents of proposed peak profile format. Similarly, Technical expert Mr. Deepak Sharma Dahal gave a presentation on the progress report of the peak profile.
Former Tourism Ministers- Ms. Yankila Sherpa and Mrs. Hisila Yami, CA members expressed their satisfaction on the decision being made to prepare the peak profile, which will be one of the very important document of our mountain tourism. Likewise, other participants also expressed their suggestions and comments on the format of the peak profile and requested to prepare the profile compatible for all the concerned.
Interaction on Peak Profile Format
Successful ascent of K2 2014 by First Nepali Women Expedition - 26 JulyThe ‘First Nepali Women Expedition to K2 2014′ comprising three young women climbers– Maya Sherpa, Dawa Yangzum Sherpa and Pasang Lhamu Sherpa – successfully climbed Mt K2 of Pakistan on26 July at 3:55 pm.