Plantation Program at Kakani - 5th June
NMA organized the plantation program at International Mountaineers’ Memorial Park (IMMP), Kakani on the occasion of World Environment Day on 5th June, 2015. The chief Guest for the program was Mr. kripasur Sherpa, Hon'ble Minister of Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation. High level of government officials, members of NMA and representative from different tourism organization were present in this program.
This program was followed by the inauguration program of memorial statue of first Nepalese women to climb Mt. Everest, Late. Mrs. Pashang lahmu Sherpa.
Hon'ble Tourism Minister's visit at IMM, Pokhara -20th June
Hon'ble Minister of Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation Mr. Kripasur Sherpa visited International Mountain Museum(IMM) Pokhara on 20th June 2015. Hon'ble Minister was accompanied by the President of NMA, Mr. Ang Tshering Sherpa along with the other officials of NMA. Different government officials of Pokhara, members of NMA-Annapurna Chapter and all staff of IMM were also present at IMM to give him a warm welcome. During his visit Chief of IMM, Mr Bal Prasad Rai did briefing about the museum.
Reports regarding the trail building on different VDCs' :
A. Report of Gaurishankar VDC and Lamabagar VDC Ward 2, 3 and 4:
Community Trail Build:
1. Tashinam To Simigaun
2. Chhetchhet to Simigaun
3. Na to Beding
4. Simigaun to Dongkang
Dongkang to Beding
Note: Need to rebuild 2 main suopended bridge is not sure possible or not!
*Lamabagar to Gongur community trail completed
Relief food distribution
1. Lamabagar – Thongthong – Chhetchet
2. Simigaun – Riku, Surmuche, Donghang – Tashinam
3. Beding food is stocked in Simigaun. Need to flight by heli to Beding.
Rice – 300 kg
Biscuits – 125
Simigaun - 150
Tashinam - 250
Beding-Na - 100
Total - 500 Household
Rice - 500KG
Biscuits - 500 pcs
B. Report of Golche and Gumba VDC, Sindhupalchok:
a. Trial Build of Golche VDC
• Kartike – Baikunda (Bridge) – Nimlung
• Kartike – Baikunda (Bridge) – Nampha – Jhulke – Tilomarang
• Kartike – Baikunda (Bridge) – Nampha – Sanchagau
• Kartike – Manche (Bridge) – Gonde Gaun – Mythung Khola- Lidhi – Jhulke
Note: Trail and bridge from – Gonde Gaun – Mythung Khola- Lidhi is dangerous
Kartike – Baikunda (Bridge) – Nampha – Jhulke – Rangchim Khola Bridge – Lidhi
Note: Rangchim Khola Bridge is dangerous
• Kartike – Baikunda (Bridge) – Tarke – Golche – Kipche – Sindurche
Note: There is a bridge from Baikunda to Tarke where we can cross from only one side and it is very dangerous
Kumbeswor (Bridge) – Kipche Note: From this route there are trail to Tarke and Golche.
Alternate route: Sindurche-Nimlung-Sancha gaon-Julke- Lidhi (This route can be permanently made.)
b. Trail Build of Gumba VDC
• Kartike – Mache – Bridge – Gonde Gaun – Pangkarpu – Bolde – kansing – Ambakharka – Nesamkhola Bridge – Nimatolmo – Tembathang
Note: Bridge at Nesamkhola is dangerous.
• Kartike – Mache – Bridge – Gonde Gaun – Pangkarpu – Bolde – Mishibla – Gumbathang – Bridge – Ambakharka
• Kartike – Mache – Bridge – Gonde Gaun – Pangkarpu – Bolde – Gumbathang – Bridge – Ambakharka
• Kartike – Mache – Bridge – Gonde Gaun – Pangkarpu – Bolde –Mishibla-Kyansin- Ambakharka
• Kartike – Mache – Bridge – Gonde Gaun – Pangkarpu – Bolde- (Frequent avalanche)- Gumbathang-bridge (better)-Ambakharka-Nesamkhola- Bridge (damaged)-Nima Tolma-Tembathang
NMA’s Participation in International Tour operators Meet-29 June
In support of Ministry of Culture Tourism and Civil Association and DFID, SAMARTH organized an interaction program on “Turning Point in Tourism – The Role of National and International Tour Operators”. Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA), Nepal Tourism Board (NTB), TAAN and the representative from different international tour operators participated in this program. The main objective of this program is to provide a platform for interaction between the Nepal tourism industry and foreign operators to identify options for effective market recovery after a huge earthquake on 25th April 2015.